How's the summer treating you all? I know this year it's been really hot as compared to previous years, atleast here in Bangalore. Coming back to the post today am sharing a recipe of a delicious scrub which can also double up as a face scrub and it's very easy to make with just 4 ingredients.
If you are following my Instagram page you would have seen a story of coffee + rose infused oil a few days back. After making the oil via a hot process, all remained was some rose petals and coffee with a bit of oil. So I thought why not use it since the coffee and rose petals were all organic. I used edible olive oil so that too was a bit costly and I thought why waste 😁😜.
I also added some oats flour (rolled oats flour) for some binding of scrub. Here goes the recipe of the Rose and coffee scrub by Skincare Villa 😁😁😁
1) Handful of Dried Rose Petals
2) Half tbsp of organic coffee
3) Edible Olive oil ( you can use Almond Oil, Grapeseed oil or even better Jojoba oil)
4) Oats flour (half tbsp)
- First take the rose petals and churn them out into smaller pieces in a mixer or coffee grinder. The petals would be of any size as per your choice. I have made a fine powder sort with some small chunks.
- Make the oil a little warm not too hot and add rose petals and coffee powder to it.
- Let the mixture sit for around 4-5 hours
- Now add Oats flour and again mix well. If needed churn the mixture once again on slow speed so that all ingredients mix well
- Let the scrub rest for 4-5 days in a closed jar. If you feel the rose petals are dry still add some 3-4 drops of oil to it.
- Add some water to the scrub and use on your face and body. You will immediately see a glow and softness in your skin.
- Do not let water enter the jar.
- The recipe can be easily customized according to your choice and ingredients available.
- Can also double up as a face mask 😁😁😁😁
PS - We are up for orders of Rosé Turmeric Cleanser after a thorough testing of 2 weeks (used daily)