From the pictures, you can see the scrub is packed in a transparent flip cap tube. Transparent packaging helps to check the quantity of the product and this packaging is very travel friendly and hygienic as opposed to scrubs in tub form.
The product has a distinct berry fragrance and is a little thick in consistency. The scrub has walnut particles which are tiny in size. This makes more appropriate for facial exfoliation rather than the body. The scrub contains Kaolin and this is the first time am using a clay based scrub.
The scrub is very effective in terms of exfoliating dead skin cells and white heads. It leaves the skin smooth but with a little but of dryness. Since the weather is already acting up this scrub would be appropriate for summers. The skin is left a but glowing( maybe due to Kaolin clay) and papers radiant for a while. If you plan to use the scrub as per the directions of usage given on the pack, I would suggest adding some water so that the scrub isn't abrasive on the skin. If you are working on a smaller area like just nose, the scrub need not be added with water. But for larger area adding water or rose water is recommended. Overall I am highly impressed with the scrub for remove black heads and dead skin cells. The appearance of the black heads is also minimized by this scrub.
- Attractive, travel friendly packaging
- Budget friendly product
- Contains Kaolin, Walnut shell powder, papaya powder, Indian Berberry
- Small quantity goes a long way so product lasts longer
- Reduces the appearance of black heads
- Removes dead skin cells and dirt effectively
- Suits oily acne prone skin in summers
- Makes the skin smooth and refreshed
- Gives a radiant skin for some time
- Small walnut particles make it appropriate as a facial scrub
- Might not suit dry skin
- No full ingredients mentioned as cream base is mentioned in ingredients list
- Doesn't remove black heads as per the claims
Price, Shelf life and Availability - 220 INR for 80 gms with a shelf life of 3 years. Mostly available on discounts on major shopping portals. Also available in stores.
I would recommend the VLCC Indian Berberry Face scrub for its efficiency in removing dead skin cells without being harsh. The product being travel friendly as well as budget friendly will only suite oily skin. Dry skinned beauties will have to skip it as it contains Kaolin clay which may aggravate the dryness of the skin.